How to Build a Food Delivery App Like Uber Eats?
Building a food delivery app like Uber Eats is a difficult endeavour that requires the integration of several components. To create a mark for yourself in the online food sector, you'll need a clear plan for developing your food delivery app. Using Uber Eats as an example, we've outlined several key steps that restaurateurs must do to launch comparable online businesses.
1. Conduct a market analysis
When developing a food delivery app, the first step is to conduct extensive research about your competitors, target demographic, and current food industry trends. Also, you must have a comprehensive understanding of the present market situation like:
- Your competitors, and what services do they provide to their clients.
- The features you need to put in your food delivery app to make it stand out.
- The most popular internet food trends.
2. Choose a food delivery method
The next step is to select a food delivery model. The order-only model and the order-and-delivery model are the two possibilities. Both food delivery methods accept and manage orders, but they differ in terms of logistics assistance. The order-only model makes money by charging restaurants commissions, whereas the order-and-delivery model includes delivery costs with restaurant commission.
3. Select features of Uber Eats-like app
The next stage is to include core features from a mobile app like Uber Eats into your food delivery app. These characteristics may be divided into 8 categories:
- Login allows you to use the app using your email address.
- Search allows searching by meal, filter, and food category. This part should include photos of the dishes, a description of the food items, and a description of the process.
- Placing an order, you can add meals into your cart.
- Order checkout includes the order amount and all specified dishes into the cart.
- Payment lets users to pay for their orders using the built-in payment gateway by integrating several payment systems, such as PayPal, Stripe, and MangoPay.
- Notification allows users to get notified about the progress of their orders via push notifications and SMS.
- Order tracking uses the CoreLocation framework for iOS apps and the Google Location API for Android apps to offer real-time order monitoring. In addition, Mapkits and Google Maps will assist couriers in determining the most efficient route to the customer's location.
- User reviews feature lets the users share their experiences and review the restaurants using the app's.
4. Select the food delivery app development technology stack
When developing an app like Uber Eats, choosing the correct technological stack is critical since it serves as the foundation for delivering a consistent user experience. Depending on your food delivery startup's business plan, you may require different technology. Some key technologies for creating a food delivery service comparable to Uber Eats are listed below:
For restaurant listing:
- FourSquare API
- Grubhub API
For payment gateway:
- Square API
To find user location:
- Google Places API
- Core Location Framework
- Google Maps
For push notifications:
- Urban Airship
- Amazon SNS
- Firebase Cloud Messaging
5. Choose an affordable app development option
After you've decided on the features and technology stack, you'll need to choose a suitable alternative for building your mobile food delivery app. There are two possibilities:
- Hire a mobile app development team - To create a successful food delivery app, you may need:
- Front-end developer
- Android developer
- iOS developer
- Testing engineer
- Backend developer
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- UI/UX designer
- Make use of a ready-made app - Picking a ready-made mobile app development solution to start your food delivery business might be the best alternative if you want to construct your food delivery app in a short amount of time.
Uber Eats' unique selling points
Let's look at some of Uber Eats' key features that set it apart from its competitors.
- Location eligibility: Customers don't have to worry about their geographical eligibility while ordering from Uber Eats. It distributes to offices, residences, parks, and hospitals, among other places.
- Order scheduling: Uber Eats allows customers to plan and place orders. Customer satisfaction is ensured by the added assistance for order tracking at a desired place and time.
- Customize your pick-ups: It allows you to choose between self-pickup and delivery.
- Short delivery time: It keeps a close eye on restaurant preparation timings and order pick-up times to ensure the quickest delivery time.
Indeed, the mobile food delivery industry is a fast-growing trend that no restaurant or café can afford to ignore. However, most mobile app ideas have already been executed, and there are now too many outstanding food delivery applications on the market with original ideas. As a result, every aspect of designing a food delivery app must be considered to give you a perfect start in the online food industry.